Friday, April 6, 2012

A Good Day (Friday) to Die

On this Good Friday I have been reflecting upon how my ideas and practices of this season have expanded over the years.

In childhood my Oma (Grandma) would buy matching dresses for me and my sister (which actually brings mixed emotions. To note, it did bring much joy to Oma.) On Easter morning we would find delightfully full Easter baskets that some amazingly gifted bunny had left somewhere in the house, go have brunch at a beautiful hotel, ice sculptures, minstrels, and all, and, usually somewhere in there an Easter egg hunt would also take place, with all the children amped out on bunny chocolate.
Gosh that was fun stuff!

As we got older my sister and I eventually boycotted the matching dress deal, which was met with much resistance, but I think we actually won out when I was about thirteen. (No, I will not be posting pictures!)

As I got older, rather than looking forward to getting an Easter dress or basket, the brunch and bottomless champagne was the main attraction (but at over 200 pounds the bunny chocolate still had it's appeal, if you know what I mean). Hmmm... just how much champagne could one drink while still maintaining balance on high heels and several trips to the buffet line? But, you know, even that was kind of fun too. Well, sort of.

But these days it's a whole different kind of life and a whole different kind of fun. These days the fun begins on the Spring Equinox with an outdoor ceremony and connection with the Mother. A celebration of Her cycles and deep wisdom of the Feminine.

When we get to Good Friday we are reminded of the very real possibility of outrageous transformation. Too bad religion has put such a heavy sinful trip on us all-- I mean Jesus, he wouldn't have done that! He said follow me, greater things shall ye do. Holy Cow. Forget the bunny chocolate ( unless it's raw and high quality ), forget the champagne, how fun is experientally, first hand, realizing your true eternal nature- that who you really are was never born and can never die! This is wild fun stuff!!

A favorite quote is from the movie "Shawshank Redemption", where Red says, "Either get busy living, or get busy dying."
Great advice.
Alrighty then, let's do this thing ;)
Letting go of what never was, in order for What Is to reveal Itself fully and wonderfully and beautifully!!

Have a Good Friday and a Shockingly Transformative Weekend-
See you at the celebration on Sunday!

And, Always in the Now...

No comments:

Post a Comment